The PA Department of Community & Economic Development has announced this special grant program for non-profits and grassroots organizatons.
This is an excellent opportunity for those non-profits who will use the funds responsibly to promote the vaccine program. Eligible applicants can submit applications through November 1, 2021. Because this program uses federal funding, applicants will need a Data Universal Number System (DUNS) number to apply for funding and be registered with the System for Award Management (SAM) to receive funding under the program. To register for a DUNS number, please visit the Dun & Bradstreet website. To obtain a SAM number, visit the SAM website.
Please find the program guidelines attached. Full instructions for application can be found in the links provided below.
COVID-19 Vaccine Grant Program (VOGP)
Grants provided under the COVID-19 Vaccine Outreach Grant Program must be used to fund proactive, targeted vaccine outreach.
- Press Release can be found at https://dced.pa.gov/newsroom/wolf-administration-announces-new-grant-program-to-promote-grassroots-vaccine-outreach/
- Full program details are at dced.pa.gov/vogp
- Guidelines are available in English and Spanish* (please note that the application is only available in English)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Outreach Grant Program Application Webinar
Grant amounts will range from $10,000 – $100,000. Eligible uses include, but are not limited to:
- Local media buys, such as print, television, and radio advertisements
- Costs for designing and producing advertising, outreach, and training materials, including (but not limited to): videos, digital content, direct mail, print materials (stickers, posters, flyers, etc.). Materials should be created to reach people at different levels of health literacy, digital literacy, and science literacy and must have culturally and linguistically appropriate messages
- Sponsorship of vaccine-related events
- Training for community liaisons and outreach workers and volunteers
- Equipment rentals, such as technology for vaccine appointment setting or participation
- Event costs related to vaccine outreach and activities, which have no religious component
- Administrative costs of the applicant necessary to administer the grant. Administrative costs will include documented vaccine-related staff expenses such as travel, letterhead, and other related costs.
- Administrative costs shall not exceed 2% of the grant award
Eligible applicants include:
- Non-profit organizations incorporated under the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, including religious institutions and faith-based organizations
- Childcare and educational institutions, including child/daycare facilities, K-12 schools, school districts, and institutions of higher education
All application inquiries should be directed to:
PA Department of Community and Economic Development
Customer Service Center
400 North Street, 4th Floor
Commonwealth Keystone Building
Harrisburg, PA 17120-0225
Note: If you receive a funding notice from DCED, please direct any inquiries to DCED Customer Service. Also, please have the assigned application number available.