The Hispanic Chamber of Commerce is now accepting applications for its scholarship awards. The scholarship program is open to students who currently attend, are enrolled in or accepted into in an accredited post-high school educational institution including 2 or 4 year college or university or vocational, technical or trade school in the United States or its territories.
Other requirements include
- Currently reside or have established plans to reside in one of the following counties: Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Westmoreland or Washington County
- Have at least one parent of Hispanic ancestry (at least one of applicant’s grandparents must be Hispanic)
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Enroll as a full-time student
- Community involvement is required
Recipients of the Scholarship general will be awarded one grant of up to $1,000. One recipient of the Rob Vega Scholarship will receive a scholarship of $2,500. The scholarships are made payable directly to the school the recipient is currently enrolled in or has been accepted to.
Qualified candidates, including past recipient awardees, may re-apply every year, provided applicants meet the requirements described above.
DEADLINE TO APPLY – APRIL 30
Those enrolled in or who have been accepted to a LAW SCHOOL, may qualify for PMAHCCF’s Rob Vega Memorial Scholarship, Sponsored by Edgar Snyder and Associates.