PA Governor Tom Wolf’s office issued a press release announcing a guide for the construction industry’s return to work on May 1st during the COVID-19 emergency.
The guide with new protection measures and directives are written in English, however hundreds of thousands of construction workers in the commonwealth are Spanish speakers with limited English speaking ability.
PRESENTE reached out to the government to request a translation of the guide. Our Spanish-speaking construction workers should have the opportunity to prepare and comply with the new state requirements. This need is vital for their personal safety and for preventing the spread in their communities.
At the moment, we have offered a translation of the governor’s office press release to our community with a link to the English language guide.
HOLA AMIGOS! Share your comments and ideas with us at email@example.com.
- Wolf Administration Releases Statement in Support of Federal Judge’s Order to Release Migrant Children from Berks County Residential Center
- Supreme Court Rules for DREAMers
- Police reforms proposed after Antwon Rose’s killing have languished in Pa. Will now be any different?
- Police deployed tear gas, rubber bullets in East Liberty against protesters of Black Lives Matter march; 20 arrested
- When we do nothing in the face of racism and brutality, we represent Amy Cooper and Derek Chauvin. We are complicit.