PA Governor Tom Wolf’s office issued a press release announcing a guide for the construction industry’s return to work on May 1st during the COVID-19 emergency.
The guide with new protection measures and directives are written in English, however hundreds of thousands of construction workers in the commonwealth are Spanish speakers with limited English speaking ability.
PRESENTE reached out to the government to request a translation of the guide. Our Spanish-speaking construction workers should have the opportunity to prepare and comply with the new state requirements. This need is vital for their personal safety and for preventing the spread in their communities.
At the moment, we have offered a translation of the governor’s office press release to our community with a link to the English language guide.
HOLA AMIGOS! Share your comments and ideas with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Latino Community Center Hosting Back-to-school Bash Celebration
- Hispanic groups organize virtual talk on Latino Vote in PA
- L’Oreal Chemist Dr. Rosario-Meléndez Featured in Science Center’s Women in STEM Series
- New Census Memorandum ‘Discriminates’ And ‘Disenfranchises’ Says Casa San Jose Executive Director
- Latin American Pittsburgh featured on OPA Live Series