Governor Tom Wolf announced during a press conference on Monday that the state will extend the stay at home order for affected counties until April 30. Here is a summary of the topics discussed during the update:
Counties with Order to Stay Home
The list of counties increases and now: Allegheny, Beaver, Berks, Bucks, Butler, Carbon, Center, Chester, Cumberland, Dauphin, Delaware, Erie, Lackawanna, Lancaster, Lehigh, Luzerne, Monroe , Montgomery, Northampton Counties of Philadelphia, Pike, Schuylkill, Washington, Wayne, Westmoreland and York.
Non-essential business closings are still in effect. Those who provide essential products and services in life-sustaining businesses can remain open.
Indefinite School Closures
All Pennsylvania schools will remain closed indefinitely. The Department of Education will provide updated guidance and resources on continuation of learning programs for students in the coming days.
Approved Reasons to Leave Home
People can leave their residence only to carry out the following activities or for essential trips:
- Essential tasks to maintain health and safety, or the health and safety of your family members or household members (including pets), such as obtaining medications or medical supplies, visiting a health professional, or obtaining the supplies they need to Work from home
- Obtain necessary services or supplies for themselves, their family members or household members, or as part of voluntary efforts, or to deliver those services or supplies to others to maintain the safety, sanitation, and essential functioning of residences
- Participate in outdoor activities, such as walking, walking, or running if they maintain social distance
- To care for a family member or pet in another home
- Any travel related to providing care or access to the individual activities or commercial activities that sustain the life mentioned above
- Travel to care for the elderly, minors, dependents, people with disabilities or other vulnerable people
- Travel to or from educational institutions in order to receive distance learning materials, to receive meals and any other related services
- Travel to return to a place of residence from an external jurisdiction
- Travel required by police or court order
- Travel required for non-residents to return to their place of residence outside the community
- People taking a life-sustaining trips do not need paperwork to demonstrate the reason for the trip.
HOLA AMIGOS! Share your comments and ideas with us at email@example.com.