The PMAHCC Foundation Scholarship Program is accepting applications for its annual scholarship program for the scholastic year starting in the fall of 2020.
Recipients of the scholarship will be awarded one grant ranging from $1,000 to $5,000, payable directly to the school the recipient is currently enrolled in or to which they have have been accepted. The application deadline is April 30th.
Qualified candidates, including past recipient awardees, may re-apply every year, provided applicants meet the requirements outlined below.
- Currently attend, be enrolled in or accepted into an accredited post-high school educational institution** including 2- or 4-year college, university or vocational, technical or trade school in the US or its territories
- Currently reside or have certain and established plans to reside in one of the following counties: Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Westmoreland or Washington County
- Demonstrate unmet financial need of at least $1,000 after the financial aid award package has been determined
- Have at least one parent of Hispanic ancestry (at least one of the applicant’s grandparents must be Hispanic)
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Enroll as a full-time student
- Community involvement is preferred
Spread the word and help Latino youth take advantage of this amazing scholarship opportunity. Visit the Pittsburgh Metropolitan Area Hispanic Chamber of Commerce website to learn more!