To understand the mental health therapy experiences of first-generation, Latinx immigrants, a study is being cunducted at Carlow University. There is not a lot of research about the mental health treatment in Latinos, who typically have unique stressors that mental health therapists may not understand.
The criteria for my participants is as follows:
- At least 18 years of age
- Previously received mental health therapy
- At least one, previous mental health therapy session
- Can currently be in mental health therapy
- Latinx descent (Caribbean-, Latin-, or South-American countries)
- First-generation immigrant (born in a Caribbean-, Latin-, or South-American country before moving to the United States).
Participants will NOT have to say if they are documented. Interviews can be conducted in English, Spanish, or Portuguese. A translator will be present.
This study will interview participants about their experiences in mental health therapy. Interviews will last about 60 to 90 minutes. If interested, participants can complete one of the screening forms listed below, or they can reach out to the email address below. Participants that do qualify will be contacted by phone or email to schedule their interview.
For more information contact Mary Mehlburger at firstname.lastname@example.org.